Jet Set Willy & Manic Miner Community

The Attic Bug Seen In Action

Spider

• 1 month later...

The bug has quite a devastating impact in TNE as well as you might expect .. interesting to see what would have happened in the game if for some reason the attic bug not have been corrected in this rebuild...

It would be in theory quite easy to "turn it back on" although in TNE bear in mind some of the code has been moved to make space. This does work but the effects are highly unpredictable.

If you wanted to try this, apply the following in an emulator:

The second one is not completely necessary I think but that will switch it 'on' if the arrow descriptor is in the correct place.

Next, lets start him in The Attic so he's got less travelling to do to get there: 34795,41

Some immunity is really going to be needed to help here too:

37392,0: 36578,16: 37505,24: 37982,0: 37994,0: 38447,201

Lastly, stay still in the Attic until you hear both arrows fire. You'll only see one though. Now its time to explore. Best plan: Head left (you can walk through fire cells now!) and down. Aim for Back Stairway > Cold Store > Kitchen > Then expect chaos.

Given this destroys the game, I've not assembled a tape file for it.

Erm, enjoy ? :D

Thanks for this, it was mainly a curiosity exercise just to see what would happen, i tried it last night by simply poking the value 59901 with 213 as per original version ... couldn't do much as only the original 'collision off' pokes work in TNE, working with these and the anti 'death by fall' poke i made my way to Under The Mega Tree and fell into the Hornet's Nest and so began Willy's strange adventure .. we ended up with hybrid rooms with the Hornet's Nest crossed with the Back Stairway  then the Tool Shed which had merged with the Off Licence .. as you might expect, the teleport really gets things going.

By the way, thanks for not being cross with me for abusing your new creation!  :)

by the way (again), if anything in this post gives anything away feel free to hide or delete it...

Edited by Metalmickey

Its fine. I did consider just PM'ing you the information but as its been out a few months anyway and The Tipshop has the 'immunity' cheat anyway there was nothing to hide really. :)

I did look on the Tipshop to see if there was anything there poke wise before posting here but as far as i can see there's no pokes there, just a video of my completion, looks like Gerrard has removed it .. or maybe i wasn't looking in the right place...  :)

Edited by Metalmickey

I did look on the Tipshop to see if there was anything there poke wise before posting here but as far as i can see there's no pokes there, just a video of my completion, looks like Gerrard has removed it .. or maybe i wasn't looking in the right place...  :)

http://www.the-tipshop.co.uk/cgi-bin/info.pl?name=Jet%20Set%20Willy%20-%20The%20Nightmare%20Edition