Jet Set Willy & Manic Miner Community

[File] Jet Set Mini

IRF

18 hours ago, JianYang said:

The key looks a bit s-shaped.

You've got it.

The J is the hook that the key is hanging off, the end of the key is S-shaped, and the top of the pair of cyan Fire cells (a stool of some sort?) together form a W.

Next question is: why is there a key when there isn't actually a door in the door frame?! 😄

Yes, "Jet Set Mini" is full of very inventive new features. I hope some of them will get re-used in other future projects - they deserve it 🙂 .

My recordings are meant to showcase efficient and elegant solutions of the games. So they will obviously miss various elements which are not compatible with this premise. There are some games (i.e. Sendy's "where's woody?") where nice rooms are devoid of items and there is no need to enter them to complete the game, and entering them wouldn't speed up the completion process, but would rather slow it down. So I don't enter these rooms when recording the game and the viewer cannot see them, which is a shame, but that's the way it has to be. That's why I am not fond of including such rooms in games - my personal preference is that every room should serve some purpose in the game (related to its completion).