Jet Set Willy & Manic Miner Community

[File] pyramid.tap

geoff

9 hours ago, geoff said:

That's really made my day!!! I don't have a Google account; could someone convey my thanks?

Done, with a link to this page 🙂 .

Funnily enough, one of the comments on YouTube reads, "Love the Egyptian theme."

Those of you who have access to Contributor Lounge may remember that I was commenting on the fact that "The Great Pyramid" usually refers to The Great Pyramid of Giza. I was expressing concern that someone may become interested in the game because of the title, and then be disappointed because the game is NOT about The Great Pyramid of Giza and does NOT really have any Egyptian theme.

And now someone loves the Egyptian theme in the game! Apparently, I needn't have worried... 😄

Thanks to your comments, Ian, I have only now understood the joke in the names of the two opening rooms! 😮

It reminds me of a joke I heard a few years ago, after hundreds of thousands of Polish people moved to the UK. The joke is in Polish, but I'll relate it in English, explaining the final play on words.

A recent Polish immigrant comes into a store in the UK. He is trying to buy something. He asks for "piłka" [in Polish "piłka" = "ball"]. He is explaining what he wants using gestures (showing the round shape, throwing, kicking, catching, etc.). Finally, the British salesperson catches on and says, "Oh, a ball!".

The Polish guy confirms happily and says, "And now concentrate, please! What I need is piłka do metalu".

[in Polish "piłka do metalu" = "hacksaw" 😄]

@geoff, its a good review well deserved. 🙂 Top work.

I do note the reviewer does have reviews of some other games here, three at least from a cursory search so I'll add the links (not watched them, could be good or bad!) to each relevant topic too.

@jetsetdannyYour joke sort of reminds me of "Fork Handles" by The Two Ronnies. You may wish to check out a YouTube or similar video of this if you've not seen it. 😉

Back on topic: Once again, top work Geoff.

Could not find a 'Pyramid' smilie quickly so I thought the 'triangle' one and a camel (desert/pyramids) would suffice:

🐫🔺