Jet Set Willy & Manic Miner Community

My small but original collection

Spider

The Tech Ted topic made me think to do this.

jswmm_collection.jpg

Top row: Amstrad CPC versions of MM and JSW2 . JSW1 was never released 'stand alone' on tape for the Amstrad. I do have a copy of it I extracted from my original 'Sold A Million' Speedlocked version, both 'as is' and 'Andy patched'  😄 thankfully SPL is almost identical to the ZX version and just as easy to take to bits 😉

Bottom Row:  All Spectrum versions. The far left JSW was the original one I purchased back in the day, yes the same tape and yes it still loads. Same with MM but that was got a few months later. Around a decade or two later ( ! ) I then aquired the Software Projects version of MM and at the same time the MAD version too, they are actually almost identical*** , the far right JSW1 I think I purchased in about 2000 give or take a year.

Finally the middle top right JSW is actually JSW2. Its a 'combi' tape of Spectrum one side and Amstrad the other.

In regard to JSW2, somewhere I do have the original and re-release versions of it for the Spectrum but I cannot find them at this moment in time hence no pic, sorry. The original release was a 'new back then' purchase too, the budget re-release was acquired around 2000 to 2005 I'd say.

I have no CBM or MSX or BBC tapes, as I do not posses these machines. 🙂

15 hours ago, jetsetdanny said:

Thanks for sharing this, Andy! 🙂

Most welcome. I suppose I should of taken a pic of the code card and possibly hunted a bit more for JSW2 (I did not see it when going through a box as I was after other 'series' too) though, but it was more in some ways a "my JSW history" I suppose 😮 😄

On 6/19/2021 at 6:54 PM, Spider said:

they are actually almost identical***

Almost, I forgot.

The loaders vary a fraction but essentially do the same job. Some of the MAD versions are a byte short, ie code length 32767 not 32768 resulting in a missing pixel or so for the Final Barrier horizontal yellow floor guardian.