Jet Set Willy & Manic Miner Community

The Christmas 2021 Thread ;-)

MtM

Hello All,

Just a little Christmas thread, inspired by JSDanny's comments in another thread wishing everyone a Happy Holidays etc.

So, briefly, this thread is to wish every one from every one who reads it a very Happy Holidays / Christmas etc for 2021 from

every one on the forum - I hope that is okay with every one! Is it possible to use the phrase 'every one' more in a sentence? 😉

Second, I thought it might be fun to say what we have asked Father Christmas for Christmas if you want to, potentially Spectrum/JSW/MM related,

but possibly not.

I am happy to lead off - I have asked Father Christmas for an old 4 3 ratio vga monitor to link my Spectrum Next to so I might

use it a bit more at last 😉 Fortunately, they are only 20 to 30 uk pounds, so I am hopeful that Father Christmas will indeed bring

such a thing!

Also, I've repaired (I'll speak to them 'over there' at Spectrum Computing later) a Carol selection and Music of various types. This was an R.D.Foord creation but the tzx is slightly askew, rectified in the attached files:

Please note: Given they use the original 128K ram-disk commands ( "!" vs "M") they will -only- "as is" work on the original 128K 'toastrack' and the grey +2 , they won't run in the +3 or the black +2 , or a 48K machine for that matter, unless said 48K has an AY addon that supports the PLAY command and a ramdisc! Attempting them on these machines or the black Amstrad 128's will result in a "Nonsense In Basic" or similar error.

Otherwise, enjoy! 🙂

128 Music.tzx 128 Carols.tzx

No wants as regards Christmas things. The item I would like would be a threadripper PC, but the cost makes that purchase up to me. (and I have no real need for it)

The card.TAP  I listed annoyed me, so a slight improvement. Which is just an increase in the amount of Willies. It needs me to redraw the pic 

Addendum:  

If you're in trouble he will save the day.

He's brave and he's fearless, come what may.

Without him the mission would go astray.

He's Willy ,Willy  Willeeeeeeee!

card1.tap

Rimmer_Munchkins.gif

Edited by Norman Sword
E=mc"