Jet Set Willy & Manic Miner Community

Story and Games of Matthew Smith

Spider

4 hours ago, Spider said:

I was going to download it but although I was successful at this, I was not able to get a high-res version with any audio

Youtube has stopped hosting combined audio/video files a while ago. Now you have to download an audio file and a video file separately and combine them yourself. I use mkvmerge for that.

On 2/17/2022 at 2:25 AM, JianYang said:

Youtube has stopped hosting combined audio/video files a while ago. Now you have to download an audio file and a video file separately and combine them yourself. I use mkvmerge for that.

Ah yes, that does explain a few things. Usual ways around it if needed, just more work.

22 hours ago, MtM said:

thanks for that Andy, one day I will make time to watch it. The man the myth the legend!

Most welcome.

Using https://y2mate.is/ allows you to download the film as an MP4 file in 1080p quality, with both audio and video. The downloaded file is 531 MB in size and has the following specs: 

First video stream: 985 kb/s, 1920*1080 (16:9) at 29.970 (30000/1001) FPS, AVC (High@L4) (CABAC / 3 Ref Frames)

First audio stream: 128 kb/s, 44.1 kHz, 2 channels, AAC LC

I'm not an expert on the various y2mate sites, I can only say they are different. For example, if you go to y2mate.com, you will probably be able to download a very similar file (judging by the indicated size), but if you go to y2mate.tools, the best download option is a 1080p file 468 MB in size, so probably slightly inferior to the one I described above.

So if you use any of these sites, there's no need for separate audio and video downloads and muxing.

Having said that, if by "mkvmerge" you are referring to https://mkvtoolnix.download/, JianYang, it is indeed an excellent tool IMPO (and completely free, too)! 👍