Jet Set Willy & Manic Miner Community

Neural network generated Jet Set Willy room images

crem

On 5/24/2022 at 4:18 PM, SymbolShift said:

I'll take a stab...

Reveal hidden contents

On a weird note, I'm posting this using the Edge browser, since the latest Firefox update (100.0.2) seems to make the "eye" spoiler icon disappear.

I don't seem to be able to duplicate that as a guest as they can see the posting screen, in Edge 101.0.1210.53 and in Chrome 102.0.5005.63 (what I currently have) its showing, also shows OK in Firefox 101. |Desktop browsers, I can't check mobile devices at this moment. I do tend to use FF most of the time though.

I'm unwilling to see what IE does (apart from crash probably) 😄

5 hours ago, Norman Sword said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I found the above (spoiler)  fine in Opera, edge, Chrome,Firefox 100.0.2, opera Gx, Ccleaner browser
And can also confirm the Captcha works for all of the above.

Screenshot 2022-05-26 233257.png

Oddly, I get the exact same options as you (with spoiler icon) if I "Create a topic", just not on the Replies anymore.

The 'lack of buttons' I can only duplicate on a desktop browser -if- I force the user agent to be a mobile/tablet one or use my (ancient) mobile phone browser then it appears that way, if its chosen to be a phone its also a few less buttons than a tablet too, but both offer less than a 'desktop' view.

I'm not really sure what to suggest other than perhaps logout, clear cookies for this site and try again. If you have any dev options in your browser can you check you're not trying to force it to mobile view ?

A closer look does show your pic appears to be from what you'd see if you viewed on a tablet:

Attached three pics, simulated "phone" view , simulated "tablet" view and regular desktop, of some of my reply in this topic:

phone_view.png

tablet_view.png

desktop_view.png

If you're really stuck you can use the bbcode for it...

[spoiler] something [/spoiler] 

... but hopefully clearing any data may help, alternatively can you try a different browser just temporarily if you have something else installed ? 🙂

I figured it out! Kinda by accident, but Spider gave me a clue with tablet's doing it. It's because of the browser width! I never run my browser full screen, and must have recently resized it a little narrower.

If the browser is 1216 or less pixels wide, then less formatting icons appear in the reply.
If browser is 1217 or more pixels wide, then you get the extra icons, including spoiler.

6 hours ago, SymbolShift said:

It's because of the browser width!

🙂 Ah problem solved, well done. I'd not considered that but you're right, it does drop a few of the 'buttons' off rather than make them untidy. I don't run full screen either.

As per usual I did my "can't see the woods for the tree's" thing sorry and thought about more complex concerns ie browser user agents.

On 5/24/2022 at 5:18 PM, SymbolShift said:

I'll take a stab...

Hide contents

A. First Landing
B. The Yacht
C. Watch Tower
D. Nomen Luni (hence the moon)
E. Top Landing
F. Back Stairway
G. Tool Shed
H. The Attic

Everything is correct, including two Landing. It's amazing how precise you are with your guesses.

A.

1.png.98a15456352b99e4e4dd96e67390d022.png

B.

2.png.57a46ffbdcbe6b61427b7d0ee5b8f7b0.png

C.

3.png.d1b779a6e905e4c5e0f0427c92f410e0.png

D.

4.png.07e0c3c1d2a655ce140226f972ba35a9.png

E.

5.png.d3e3566a95418e578f4febad13bf967e.png

F.

6.png.d38d48ee9f85cfa66e369cd98410b736.png