Jet Set Willy & Manic Miner Community

Game Boy Advance (GBA)

JianYang

Today I noticed that Jester has released the GBA version for free (source and binaries): https://illusion.64history.net/2022/manic-miner-gba-source

So I found myself a suitable emulator and played through the game. At the end it told me to go to www.willyisback.com enter quirkafleeg and get a "treasure." The site doesn't exist anymore. 

Does anyone know what the "treasure" on willyisback.com was?

Thank you.

I don't really know, but the search for "willyisback.com" on Google produces only one result:

Download Manic Miner (E) (M5) [!].gba - NES Ninja

WILLYISBACK.COM~ LA CONTRASE A ES~ EL MANIC MINER~ MUY BIEN HAS COMPLETADO~ INFINITA~ SALIR~ DITOS~ SALTAR NIVEL~ VIDA~ OPCIONES~ JUEGO MEJ.~ JUEGO ORIG.

Following that link - by doing "Save link as" - you can download the file "Manic Miner (E) (M5) [!].gba".

Could this have been the treasure?

Thank you.

That looks just like a minimally different version of the game ROM. Seems that it's just a ROM pirate site that mentioned the treasure.

To the Willy historians: Was the GBA version a failure? It seems to me that when the original MM came out, it took about an hour until everyone knew that there was a hidden swordfish in the final level. (slight exaggeration)

This one has an official infinite lives setting (so you can easily play through everything without cheating) and no one has ever mentioned anything about this on the web? Seems odd.