Jet Set Willy & Manic Miner Community

Jet Set Willy: Role Reversal release imminent

Sendy The Endless

Back from the dead after about 15 years (oof!), Jet Set Willy: Role Reversal is based on the engine of Erix1's Maria vs Some Bastards and features a complete rehaul of the JSW mansion and surrounding area. As the name implies, you play as Maria, who has to collect all the flashing garbage before Willy will let her sleep. She IS the house-keeper, after all, and while I don't think the mansion is OSHA compliant, she took the job, and she is gonna prove she can do it... or die trying! Let's presume she is getting danger money on top of her salary : )

The game is fully editied, tested, balanced and is just being finalized by Danny and myself, due for release imminently.

If anyone has any artistic inclination and the time, we are hoping for some kind of loading screen based on the theme of the game. Back in the y! club days, Erix1 himself made an awesome title/loading screen, but I can't find it. I THINK it was posted to the club but he might have just emailed it to me, in which case it's long gone in an old email account and/or gathering bit rot on one of my old PCs : ( Danny doesn't have it in his archive of club data, but maybe someone else does? It's a long shot but I thought I'd mention it. If anyone wants to help out with art, please let me know. Failing that, we will knock something together ourselves 🤔

30 minutes ago, Spider said:

The screen: Don't forget to check the zx art site, there might be something there already. There are two neat new Manic Miner screens for instance, worth a look for this new game anyway!

I found Vidar himself seems to have released a game in 2022, but no way to contact him... Nothing else up there except his screen for MvsSB.

2 minutes ago, Sendy The Endless said:

Nothing else up there except his screen for MvsSB.

Oh well 😞 It was worth a look. Sorry if I told you something you already knew about! 🙂

I wonder if its worth contacting the zx art site itself, assuming he's not on SC or WOS, they probably (and shouldnt) pass his contact details on if they have them however they might be willing to contact him on your behalf to ask to get in contact. Not sure what else to say. I assume if you're on FB you've checked the two 'appropriate' groups aka Final Frontier and Central Cavern ?

14 hours ago, jetsetdanny said:

What game?

This one:

https://zxart.ee/eng/software/game/arcade/action/redbird-and-rat-plays-shaolin-deathbasket/

I just tried it, no contact info. Also, sport.

I don't go on Twitter, but if someone who does would like to try and contact him on my behalf, I would appreciate that. What I will do is try looking at the forum of the ZX Art sites and see if anyone's up for doing it. Failing all that, I will have a go at doing a screen myself : )

2 hours ago, Sendy The Endless said:

I don't go on Twitter, but if someone who does would like to try and contact him on my behalf, I would appreciate that.

Well, I've asked the question, and I'll let you know if I hear anything back. However, Vidar's last comment on Twitter dates from last September, so I don't know if they'll pick it up any time soon...