Jet Set Willy & Manic Miner Community

Jet Set Willy: Role Reversal release imminent

Sendy The Endless

18 hours ago, IRF said:

Well, I've asked the question, and I'll let you know if I hear anything back. However, Vidar's last comment on Twitter dates from last September, so I don't know if they'll pick it up any time soon... 

Thanks IRF, I appreciate that. Imagine if he could be coaxed into releasing the tool he gave me to use all the features of Erix-1 mode? That would open the door wide for a new breed of 48k JSW mods. When he gave me a copy of the vaunted "MvsSB hackulator tool" he said he wanted it to be a Sendy-exclusive, but it's been a long, long time since then.

7 hours ago, Jet Set Willie said:

Sendy, I might try it. Just give me time, ok? 🙂 If you want to personally discuss more about the loading screen, please send me a PM(s).

Thanks! Feel free to have a go, but I can't guarantee I'll end up using it, and I don't want to waste your time. As it stands it's up in the air as to who's gonna do the art. If I end up with multiple screens to use, they could perhaps go on the tap file as supplimentary files.

On 2/22/2023 at 1:17 PM, Sendy The Endless said:

This one:

https://zxart.ee/eng/software/game/arcade/action/redbird-and-rat-plays-shaolin-deathbasket/

I just tried it, no contact info. Also, sport.

I don't go on Twitter, but if someone who does would like to try and contact him on my behalf, I would appreciate that. What I will do is try looking at the forum of the ZX Art sites and see if anyone's up for doing it. Failing all that, I will have a go at doing a screen myself : )

Thanks, Sendy.

The game is also on Spectrum Computing. The SC people may have some contact info for Vidar.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Willie and everyone else... Just to say, the release will be any day now... Most likely by the end of the week. Danny and myself have playtested the crap out of this thing, tweaked every last little detail, he has provided some custom code, bug fixes, suggestions and even made a loader with a good loading screen!

Willie, did you ever finish the screen$? If so I'd be interested so I can pick the best one. If you've only drawn Maria perhaps that could be merged with the screen Daniel made. What I'm saying is, last call before this thing goes live!