Jet Set Willy & Manic Miner Community

Site Upgrade

Spider

We have updated the software here to future proof the site for newer server requirements.

Sorry for the downtime however it was immediately necessary without prior notice, otherwise an announcement would of been shown for a few days.

You'll find things almost just as they were, we decided to remove the redundant 'articles' system as no one ever used it. The topics are best placed if needed with a new area for guides and tutorials.

Note that there are still some small adjustments to make over the following week however the site is ready to be opened again.

Of course if you should spot anything amiss please either post here into this topic or message me or jetsetdanny.

Thank you.

On 3/12/2024 at 9:04 PM, crem said:

Maybe we should have some side channel to contact for the case something happens with the website?

I was curious what's going on, and searching for posts in facebook/twitter/etc didn't reveal anything.

Yes you're quite correct sorry.

A few external factors slowed things down a few days sorry. It was suggested to change the temporary message however at that stage it was only a day away from being done.

I did consider posting in the JSW Facebook group but was not sure if an "external site" would be treated kindly, perhaps I was overthinking.

I knew the host was likely to drop legacy php support however (again other reasons) I was not aware exactly when this was to be, as you know they usually give a few weeks notice of "we're dropping xyz at the end next month" , it is quite possible I missed this notice however.

I did toy with the idea of adding a temporary forum (as was done once before) but by the time I'd done that I could of done this.

However on a positive note, we are now future proofed for quite a considerable time and if it should happen again ( ! ) something suitable will be posted and linked to.