Jet Set Willy & Manic Miner Community

Hello (again)!

GawpGRP

I figured I should say "hi" properly here. My name is Gary - I was part of the old yahoo group 20 odd years ago, and hosted the JSW Remakes site (as "Gawp" hence the user ID here).

It's been a long time, but after I stumbled on the walkthrough video on YouTube for my old "Willy Comes Home" effort, I found my way to JSW Central, and here. Thanks to @jetsetdanny for fixing it, and making the toilet run work (I honestly intended to fix it, but y'know...). It was a blast to see it completed, and see how it could have been better! 

Also a big hello to @Sendy The Endless - hope you're good, and it's great to see you've been busy with JSW again - I always loved STRANGEL in particular 🙂

Apart from Danny and Sendy is there anyone else around from back then?
So many questions!!

Anyway, great to be 'back' and I'm looking forward to playing the many new remakes that have spring up in the last 20 years, and hopefully finishing "Voyager" 🙌

9 hours ago, GawpGRP said:

Also a big hello to @Sendy The Endless - hope you're good, and it's great to see you've been busy with JSW again - I always loved STRANGEL in particular 🙂

Apart from Danny and Sendy is there anyone else around from back then?
So many questions!!

(in no particular order)

Sendy is back and her long-lost "Jet Set Willy: Role Reversal" and "Manic Person" have been finally gamma-released (with some input from yours truly). Furthermore, she has created "Strangel 2"! It's in a beta stage, I would say. I had the privilege of playtesting it, it's an amazing game. It still needs some finishing touches before the official release, but it's really another demonstration of Sendy's genius as a JSW author 🙂 .

Adban de Corcy (Fabián Álvarez López) was active on the forum a couple of years ago. He worked on "Jet Set Jason: In Roddënwald" and developed it much further, but it's not ready for release yet and I don't think he has worked on it recently. I do hope he will complete the project one day, though.

Geoff Eddy is a member. He released a very nice new game "Willy does the Great Pyramid!" back in 2021.

Richard Hallas posts on the forum from time to time as well as on the "Central Cavern - The Wonderful World of Willy" Facebook group.

Andrew Broad was active here in the past, but hasn't been seen for some time now.

John Elliott is a member and, hopefully, reads the posts from time to time. He hasn't posted for a while though.

Igor Makovsky is a "double member", but hasn't posted here yet.

Vidar Eriksen (Erix1) has joined the forum, but unfortunately his presence was only momentary (he contributed 4 posts).

The Drunken Master!!! is active on WoS, not here.

I don't believe Stuart Hill has joined this forum, but he has commented on "Monstrum" on the JSW Central YouTube channel (revealing interesting info about the ending).

That's a quick overview. I may have missed some people (sorry about this!), this "old-timers" list is not necessarily exhaustive. And there are some wonderful people here who were not active in the Yahoo! Group days but have done A LOT for JSW and MM in the last decade - I'm sure you will be pleased to e-meet them 🙂 .

On 4/24/2024 at 1:51 AM, jetsetdanny said:

Sendy is back and her long-lost "Jet Set Willy: Role Reversal" and "Manic Person" have been finally gamma-released (with some input from yours truly). Furthermore, she has created "Strangel 2"! It's in a beta stage, I would say. I had the privilege of playtesting it, it's an amazing game. It still needs some finishing touches before the official release, but it's really another demonstration of Sendy's genius as a JSW author

That's good news for me playing wise - though it may impact my creating time haha 😄 I'm looking forward to playing these

Great to see some of the old crew is active, and as you say many more besides! 
As a side note, you have probably already noticed, Erix1's old Manic Miner Tech site was saved in the JSW remakes site. Vidar gave full permission for that so I'm sure he won't have an objection if you use it or link to it on JSW central. There's some good stuff in there.

Thanks, Gary! 👍

Could you give us the link to where Erix1's site is preserved though? I'm aware of this page, but it doesn't look like a whole site of his.

One obvious thing I could link to from JSW Central would be his (preserved) home pages of "Manic Miner Mythologies: Eugene - Lord of the Bathroom" and "Maria vs. Some Bastards".