Jet Set Willy & Manic Miner Community

Pokes (Spectrum Version)

Spider

JSW has code built in to return to Basic however it does a soft-reset almost because the lower end of the memory is used by the game itself. MM would be similar, I've not checked if it can be implemented into it or not. In JSW (iirc) when you invoke this it effectively returns you to the copyright message but with the 'game core' intact.

Its not terribly safe to change the cavern ID while playing, it lives at 33799 (for both the SP and BB version) , odd things can happen. You could change it during the 'end of cavern' code while the remaining air bonus is being added I guess or change it and immediately lose a life. I've not really experimented with this that much.

Its easy to set a starting cavern permanently if required , is this what you need ? If memory serves, with the HighScoreChallenge game I altered the starting initialisation code around a bit allowing me to insert a cavern ID there, instead of it being assumed to be zero.

Also you could NOP out the INC A instruction at 36918 (SP version) or 36907 (BB version) to keep playing the same cavern again after completion.

I will again state. It is possible to run Manic miner and return to basic. On returning to basic it will still be possible to poke the game and again enter MM ( and if needed keep on repeating the loop of running the game and returning to basic). All the basic that was in memory before running MM will still be there. Because certain members on here do not have the skill needed to do this does not preclude others from doing so. (e.g. I can if I wanted, do the modifications needed. But I have no intention of doing so. ) in the 30+ years since MM was written I have had no need to do so, and I still have no need to do so.