Jet Set Willy & Manic Miner Community

[File] Jet Set Willy: The Nightmare Edition

Spider

There's a legitimate, but very convoluted reason for that!

I'm glad you've provided a rationale though - he hasn't found his sea legs yet! :D

Meanwhile, I suppose you're all at sea looking for that last item...

well not exactly looking for it, i know where it is ... seems to be a 'Hell' of a job trying to get to it :blink: ... however i think i have just spotted a clue in the text doc that accompanied the file... 

done it at 11:58, it was only when i realised there was one room i hadn't yet visited... that time constraint is a beast!

I really enjoyed playing it, it's taken up far too much of my time not to mention loss of sanity but it's been great fun, congrats to all involved in this wacky innovation! ... now if you'll excuse me i think i'll get some well earned sleep .. it's been a while... :wacko:

Personally, I believe in the players' freedom. If someone manages to record an RZX walkthrough of the game, I don't think anybody should try to stop them from publishing it on RZX Archive.

However, since you've asked about it, Metalmickey (thanks for asking!), it gives us some legitimation to express our preferences as to your sending your recording to RZX Archive right now or not just yet.

I understand the rationale behind asking you to hold it for a while. However, it is possible that while you are waiting, someone else (who may never even post anything on this forum, so we don't even know the person is at it right now) will send their recording to RZX Archive and it will get published there instead of yours (first come, first serve). In such case your satisfaction from completing the game and documenting it with a published recording (thanks to being the first one to do it) will be lost.

So, while I have no strong opinion on the subject, I would say, go ahead and send your recording to RZX Archive (especially if it's a good one in that you have completed the game without loss of life).

I think that everyone realises that RZX recordings are spoilers. So once it's published, someone who wants to tackle the game and its mysteries themselves will know that they should not download the recording (or refrain from watching it if they do download it), while those who are curious about how the game can be solved without actually wanting to have a go at it themselves will have the freedom to fulfil their desire.

Regarding Danny's post above, I'd agree. :)

done it at 11:58, it was only when i realised there was one room i hadn't yet visited... that time constraint is a beast!

I really enjoyed playing it, it's taken up far too much of my time not to mention loss of sanity but it's been great fun, congrats to all involved in this wacky innovation! ... now if you'll excuse me i think i'll get some well earned sleep .. it's been a while... :wacko:

Congrats from me too. I think I can say if you enjoyed playing it half as much as we did constructing it we've done well. :D