Jet Set Willy & Manic Miner Community

Automated generation of Manic Miner speedrun/walkthrough

crem

I have written a program to process the data as provided by Crem. And I have played one room using that data. I Have the basic layout planned, and I know how to provide the data and the whole of the original game in one file. So swapping at any time between playing and being shown a room being played is not a problem. Addendum - this will not be written in a couple of hours. I need to rearrange most of the data layout.

After watching optimised room 7. I decided to script that room as well. Typing in data for a room with collapsing floors (the Vat) is not my idea of entertainment. Whilst I ended up with a more relaxed visual display and the same score, it was not something I want to repeat. ( the file is added to the other two files I posted)

Edited by Norman Sword
addendum.

So, I've done it for all levels, except:

• Level 20 is not yet finished, but I don't expect any improvement there
  • Level 19 is currently optimized for the fastest playthrough, not the highest amount of remaining air.
    I'll optimize it for the air, but likely not today.

Among 20 caverns, 5 had improvements:

• 2 small (≤5 frames) micro-optimizations: Level 3 "Menagerie" (1 frame) and level 10 "Endorian Forest" (5 frames)
  • 3 large (≥20 frames) route improvements: Level 9 "Wacky Amoebatrons", Level 11 "Telephones" (29 frames), Level 17 "Warehouse" (42 frames).

4 minutes ago, crem said:

Among 20 caverns, 5 had improvements:

• 2 small (≤5 frames) micro-optimizations: Level 3 "Menagerie" (1 frame) and level 10 "Endorian Forest" (5 frames)
  • 3 large (≥20 frames) route improvements: Level 9 "Wacky Amoebatrons", Level 11 "Telephones" (29 frames), Level 17 "Warehouse" (42 frames).

You have omitted to mention the improvement in Wacky Amoebatrons?  (Also, I don't think you've uploaded a video of this improved performance?  The last one you uploaded for that cavern was slower than the existing human record.)

4 minutes ago, IRF said:

You have omitted to mention the improvement in Wacky Amoebatrons?  (Also, I don't think you've uploaded a video of this improved performance?  The last one you uploaded for that cavern was slower than the existing human record.)

No, it was actually faster, this post:

had score 1376, which is 31 frames faster than best known score.