Jet Set Willy & Manic Miner Community

JSW Central

jetsetdanny

2 hours ago, MtM said:

>So the count is a staggering 6/18.

15 hours ago, jetsetdanny said:

So the answer to Norman Sword's original question regarding the number of games I've completed so far is: 130.5. That's only of the "new games", excluding the files I classify as "Versions" of the original MM and JSW (if included, they would increase the count by a few dozen).

The staggering count seems to be 130.5 

Whilst mine is 0/20+

9 hours ago, JianYang said:

Do you have a link for this? I can't find this anywhere.

The download link is this.

The game's development was mainly (perhaps exclusively) discussed and announced on the Central Cavern - The Wonderful World of Willy Facebook Group.

In a relatively near future I will add "MANIC-minor" to the JSW Central page of "Manic-4-Noobs". To be precise, I will convert that page to being the page of "Manic-4-Noobs" AND "MANIC-minor". This is because I consider "Manic-4-Noobs" to qualify as a new game made using the MM game engine, and "MANIC-minor" to be a later parallel version of the same project, a little bit like "Frosya the Cat", "Frosya the Cat - Lite Version" and "Jet Cat Frosya" were three incarnations of the same project, so to speak, and they together form one entry on the complete list of MM and JSW games.

It is high on my priority list, but I want to do some other things first.

Once I've "processed" "MANIC-minor" properly (meaning a description and links on the JSW Central page, a smooth RZX recording, a complete screenshot gallery and a video on the JSW Central YouTube channel), I will make its files available for download also on JSW Central (since I know that the author, who prefers to be credited as "Bob The Polar Bear", although his real name is in plain view on the aforementioned Facebook pages, does not object to it).

• 2 months later...
On 1/26/2022 at 7:56 PM, jetsetdanny said:

In a relatively near future I will add "MANIC-minor" to the JSW Central page of "Manic-4-Noobs". To be precise, I will convert that page to being the page of "Manic-4-Noobs" AND "MANIC-minor". This is because I consider "Manic-4-Noobs" to qualify as a new game made using the MM game engine, and "MANIC-minor" to be a later parallel version of the same project, a little bit like "Frosya the Cat", "Frosya the Cat - Lite Version" and "Jet Cat Frosya" were three incarnations of the same project, so to speak, and they together form one entry on the complete list of MM and JSW games.

It is high on my priority list, but I want to do some other things first.

Once I've "processed" "MANIC-minor" properly (meaning a description and links on the JSW Central page, a smooth RZX recording, a complete screenshot gallery and a video on the JSW Central YouTube channel), I will make its files available for download also on JSW Central (since I know that the author, who prefers to be credited as "Bob The Polar Bear", although his real name is in plain view on the aforementioned Facebook pages, does not object to it).

And so it has been done. "Manic-4-Noobs" and "MANIC-minor" now share the same page on JSW Central. There is a complete screenshot gallery of each game and a link to a YouTube video, among other things.

I have been able to complete "MANIC-minor" with a score of over 39,000 points, which proves it is a relatively easy game. The RZX recording (which served as the basis for the YouTube video) can also be downloaded from the game's page on JSW Central.

Do give it a try if you haven't played it - it's very nicely done and easy to play! 🙂 

• 4 months later...

JSW Central has just been updated after a pause in its development which lasted for exactly 4 months. The update concerns the page of "Henry's Hoard", where embedded walkthroughs of three versions of this game from the JSW Central YouTube channel have been added.

Hopefully, this update marks my return to a more active involvement in the development of 'MM & JSW affairs', including some matters discussed elsewhere on this forum...

• 11 months later...

I have just updated the Chronology section on JSW Central. It was the first update of this section in almost a year and a half. The lack of updates during this time was related to the real-life-imposed limitations of my spare time and my prioritisation of other JSW-related activities. However, from now on I intend to update Chronology pretty much as things happen, and I do hope I will be able to be consistent in it.

Please have a look at the 2022 and 2023 pages and let me know if anything is missing. Please remember this Chronology is related to ZX Spectrum games only, and the typical events it makes note of are: public releases of games and versions (both gamma releases and beta or other earlier versions if they are made public, or later revisions and bugfixes), the first time a game's map is published and the first time a complete RZX walkthrough or video of a game is published. Some other events I deem important are mentioned as well.

I am a little alarmed at the complete lack of activity in Chronology between February and July 2022. It is possible, of course, that nothing from the above-mentioned categories happened in that period (there had been even longer 'gaps' in previous years). Still, it would be reassuring to know I did not miss anything that should be noted.

Any comments or input will be welcome 🙂 .