Jet Set Willy & Manic Miner Community

Neural network generated Jet Set Willy room images

crem

4 hours ago, SymbolShift said:

My mind is blown. I thought you were being sarcastic! It's a great honour and privilege to conversate with the actual DPR.

Just for the record I am actually Matthew Smith 😉 Well, I have been to Wallasey before anyway ... 🙂

I am not, of course, Matthew Smith, that is just a joke! Maybe he _does_ read these forums and may yet reveal himself?

5 minutes ago, MtM said:

Just for the record I am actually Matthew Smith 😉 Well, I have been to Wallasey before anyway ... 🙂

I am not, of course, Matthew Smith, that is just a joke! Maybe he _does_ read these forums and may yet reveal himself?

Nonsense, we all know that Crem is the real Matthew Smith 🤣

@Norman Sword now that you're out of the closet, would you mind revealing some behind the scenes stories about the development of JSW2? I'm mostly a MM-fan and would find that quite fascinating. I can only imagine what that would mean to the hardcore JSW-fans.

Just the transition from "The Amstrad uses more memory for graphics than the speccy, we better come up with a compression algorithm" to "Our compression is so good we can actually fill some gaps in Willy's mansion" to "We still have so much room, let's build an entire new chapter in space" sounds very intriguing.

Of course no pressure. Answers like "no" and "not yet" are perfectly fine. Also just ignoring me is a valid option too.

And if the answer is "yes", don't answer here. I'm sure the entire board would agree that this is worth its own thread.

On 8/22/2022 at 5:16 PM, Norman Sword said:

To clear up any confusion on JSW2.

yes I wrote JSW2,JSW2+

Norman, you have earned your legendary status of part of the JSW lore. However ... do you perhaps fancy having a go

at JSW3? Maybe only you could do it Norman! How about a Kickstarter to get it funded? What will it take!?

I can't speak for Norman, but I'm guessing that since he's not mentioned it before, that he prefers staying out of the spotlight. If you have questions, you can PM him, and he will either respond, or not. For obvious reasons, many people choose not to seek the overwhelming attention that comes with fame, and we need to respect that. It seems that if he wanted to create a post about it, or write sequels, he would have done so already.

Any guesses on the AI images?