Jet Set Willy & Manic Miner Community

Unknown modern-ish JSW remake

Sendy The Endless

I was looking for this map of a JSW remake (I THINK for mobile) and finally I found it on one of my drives. I've got to say, I normally hate it when these games are remade with modern graphics, but the artist did such a good job with the decor, colour schemes and atmosphere that I just love looking at it. Does anyone know if this game is available anywhere or what it might be called? Gaze upon it, a thing of beauty!

unknown mobile remake.png

unknown mobile remake cropped.png

Edited by Sendy The Endless
Added a cropped section of the map so it's not so small

I don't know the answer, but could somebody please make an Amiga and ST remakes, using these graphics? Please?!? 😀

I will gladly pay some extra for the blank Amiga disk(s) to get this game! 😁😋 I suppose there won´t be an official Amiga game these days 😔thus I am talking about blank disks to get a fan made free game, unless Software Projects is rejecting such thing.

Here's a video of the JSW remake I'm looking for. Just a brief showcase of the ending.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIMbiurj8ak

Sadly, there's no way of contacting the channel owner to ask him if he knows the name of it. And of course, comments are turned off > _ >

It's a pity because the way the background graphics are done perfectly fills in the details of how I imagined the JSW mansion to actually be. They even thought to include glass tiles around the orangery and banyan tree, to show that part of the house as a greenhouse.

29 minutes ago, Spider said:

I was going to say it looks like the Amiga version but that is quite hard as its scrolling and you don't get a lot of time to get out of the way of a guardian, even if you know where they are! 🙂

There is a 'flip screen' Amiga version too.

I found the Amiga version a bit dull looking and clunky to play. It was interesting to have the scrolling back then, when it came out, though. I remember there being a Manic Miner version as well, with scrolling. That was a fair bit better from what I can remember.

Never seen this version before. I'm also a sucker for the original graphics, but whoever did this did an AMAZING job. I've seen lots of attempts at doing this, but they always loose the essence of the original. Somehow this one pulls it off!

Curious, if the Youtube video only shows the game ending, how did you come across the entire map?

Just an update, I've found a lead. This is a game for Java mobile devices by Damien McFerran

Here's the website. I'd be very cautious about clicking on any links, as a lot of these sites are known to contain malicious links and other nasties.

https://www.pocketgamer.com/jet-set-willy/jet-set-willy/

I don't know anything about Java or early mobile phone emulation, but maybe someone else does?