Jet Set Willy & Manic Miner Community

A chinese who loves JSW

UncleWan

wow that's so hard to have a account in this website! I have to use the VPN to cross the internet great wall so l can post what l want to say in here.

l first seen the game "jet set willy"about 3 years ago,l love the platform games like this so l want to learn it more.without Google(china banned Google!),the only l can use is Bing .but that's enough.

l often play jsw on the online emulator like "zx art"or"qaop".after a few months,the more versions l found.like java version or PC version by Andy Noble(very good),and z88 version(l can't believe that it can play on a so narrow screen!amazing),there are lot of versions that l can't type them here.

manic miner?good game .l even write a "Baidu Baike"(because China has not wikipedia,we use Baidu Baike as instead.)about the MM!

https://baike.baidu.com/item/็–ฏ็‹‚็Ÿฟๅทฅ/1186578?fr=ge_ala

above is the Baike l wrote.at 2019.there are still some wrong in it,๐Ÿ˜‚.

l said too many but l can't even create an account because l can't pass the security check๐Ÿ˜…,but it is not important.just want to say that l love MM and JSW.And l am happy to see that there is a forum!

thanks every much

(if l have some grammatical errors ๏ผŒplease dont care๐Ÿ˜‚l only learn English when l was in senior high school)

Hello and welcome.

I did see your message about difficulty registering, I'm sorry about that.

We don't have any "geographical / country" restrictions imposed here so I have to assume the issue (you solved yourself) was perhaps your service provider or similar. I can only think the captcha may of caused issues as it does use Google to get the actual image "puzzle" to solve.

I checked via a third party tool that the site is or should be visible from there too, testing from "Shanghai" and "Guangzhou" , both got a "OK" ๐Ÿ™‚ย 

ย 

I was able to view your webpage and then via a translate tool read most of them too. ๐Ÿ™‚ย 

1 hour ago, Spider said:

Hello and welcome.

I did see your message about difficulty registering, I'm sorry about that.

We don't have any "geographical / country" restrictions imposed here so I have to assume the issue (you solved yourself) was perhaps your service provider or similar. I can only think the captcha may of caused issues as it does use Google to get the actual image "puzzle" to solve.

I checked via a third party tool that the site is or should be visible from there too, testing from "Shanghai" and "Guangzhou" , both got a "OK" ๐Ÿ™‚ย 

ย 

I was able to view your webpage and then via a translate tool read most of them too. ๐Ÿ™‚ย 

• Thank you Spider๐Ÿ˜Š, I had a lot to say, but I ended up deleting them. The bottom line is: I think my difficulties are nothing compared to what I found here. It's nice to have like-minded people.

Hi UncleWan, welcome to the forum! ๐Ÿ™‚ย It's great that you've found this place, been able to overcome all the technical difficulties and can now post here.

I find it amazing that you like MM and JSW while you first saw JSW only about 3 years ago. This actually gives me hope that some people in the future, long after our time, will still like the Willy games, which of course will be to them like perhaps us reading ancient literature or something.

I've had a look at your Baidu page. Interestingly, when the page is translated automatically from Chinese to English, the game's name becomes "Crazy Miner". That's an interesting twist on the title ๐Ÿ˜‰ย .

So thanks again for joining the forum and we look forward to the (unexpected, to be honest, while positively exciting) feedback and input from China!