Jet Set Willy & Manic Miner Community

[File] Manic Miner - Highscore Challenge

Spider

Excellent work! 🙂

I've updated the rankings for those four caverns to reflect this (and forced the immediate topic thread rebuild too)

EDIT... I'll await jetsetdanny's feedback / input on this in regard to any missing newer scores as has been said its quite possible I may of missed something if it was posted on WOS or say SpecComputing***

*** Not sure if there is a topic on there for this actually other than the old original release announcement. I don't think there are many (any?) scores on there for it.

Edited by Spider
Forgot a bit!

Hi guys,

Thanks for all your comments and for remembering about some of my scores 👍

What happened back in December, I believe, after I had submitted a batch of my improved scores and the corresponding RZX recordings, was that Andy updated the high scores in those instances where I had improved the best known score, but did not update any of my personal best scores where there was no universal improvement. I did not comment on it at the time as I did not think it was important enough, since my personal best scores, if they only matched some other players' best scores, were not a breakthrough in any sense.

Now that it's been mentioned (thanks, JianYang! 🙂), I have updated the High Score table at http://jswmm.co.uk/files/file/108-manic-miner-highscore-challenge/ to reflect all of my personal best scores. I can see that I am behind in the Cold Room right now. I'll have to catch up on that one day... 😇

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/18/2020 at 3:19 AM, jetsetdanny said:

I don't think there is enough room to improve the final score to beat 39,500, unless there is still a different route somewhere which could improve the score for one of the rooms dramatically. 40,000 is impossible, I believe (and I would wager a moderate amount of money on it 😄).

I think that we can now safely say that a higher total score than 39,500 is possible (but 40,000 is unlikely - unless crem's algorithm manages to hack into the cavern security system and switch off the solar beam!! 😁)

Following from the Speedrun topic here , I am submitting three scores to fill the empty '3rd place' for four caverns and attaching the .rzx's too. I did realise in Amoebatron's Reveng the far right hand jump halfway up the cavern you can miss the first platform out, as per my playback.

I don't really expect to remain in 3rd place too long 😄 likely to be booted out the rankings.

Eugenes_Lair_1559.rzx

The_Bank_1668.rzx

Amoebatrons_Revenge_1174.rzx

Final_Barrier_1767.rzx