Jet Set Willy & Manic Miner Community

Manic Mission - Manic Miner / Impossible Mission mashup game

Heracleum

Thanks to both for testing it so quickly!

About slow loading times, yes definitely it's going on since a couple hours; I contacted my hosting service and they confirmed it's a general issue, they're working on it. (Everything was going too successfully today so.. something had to go wrong 😅)

Oh about positive things and jetsetdanny's message about McAfee blocking my domain:

On 3/13/2021 at 5:47 PM, jetsetdanny said:

Regretfully, each time I try to open your website, I get the message "Your Internet access is blocked. Firewall or antivirus software may have blocked the connection."

It should be fixed now! They finally accepted my review and categorised the domain correctly (Personal pages - Minimal risk)

No connection issues for me from Chrome/Firefox/Edge , also worked via a different ISP.

Years back I'd of said go via a proxy 😮 but that seems a bit unwarranted these days.

Hope its sorted for you soon Danny anyway. 🙂

Only suggestion I do have is perhaps try a tracert or similar to see 'where' its failing, ie "how far down the line" it gets before there's a problem.

• 4 months later...

Thanks! Of course having no memory limit and/or no character constraint (virtually all the blocks of the charset can be placed in the same room) makes it way easier compared to actual 8-bit machines.

Also in the last rooms I've created I even inserted some graphics (monochrome image but still colouring the blocks in the old-school attribute clash way, later with the level editor) and of course you can walk/jump on the graphics elements (e.g. on their heads and arms).

I wonder if this (example below) particular reference is familiar to you guys?

image.png.e4c0187ed1838b56e71ca052eb80f70f.png

Edited by Heracleum

No it's still about 80s games, actually an interesting piece in the history of video games industry so that even recently this story has been used for a film episode.

You said "music group", if you had used the short synonym for it I'd say that term ( + what I've greyed out in the pic) was very relevant 😉