Jet Set Willy & Manic Miner Community

Manic Mission - Manic Miner / Impossible Mission mashup game

Heracleum

Thanks @Toki for trying it! I hope you like the Impossible Mission part as well (better try it on desktop 😉 ) and except for the first cavern that's always the same everything else is shuffled by the map generator that also changes the exit doors.

But yes although it looks like it's playable on phone (the Manic Miner part works) a few things are not yet supported on mobile (e.g. Imp. Mission puzzles).

I'd love to see you guys creating a cavern (or two) with the Level Editor so that I can finally gather enough caverns to unlock the "Community created levels" option (custom rooms made by other contributors instead of the usual official ones) in that case the randomness of a map will be high enough to always play a very different game every time 💛

• 6 months later...

Hi All! 

I know asking to build new rooms (Community created levels) might be too much.. but what about simply playing it? The main game is complete and fully playable since months.

So would you like to try and beat the game?
(get enough puzzle pieces in the rooms of the random map, solve the puzzle to know the password and go back to the mad professor lab and stop him) 

I promise I will do it in the near future (=the next few weeks).

I've just had a brief go at the game, figured out how to operate the lift and collected 7 items. I love the way Willy jumps forward - Monty-on-the-Run-style! 🙂

If I manage to beat the game and record a video of it, would it be OK for me to add it to the JSW Central YouTube channel? At the moment it's only dedicated to walkthroughs of MM and JSW games for the ZX Spectrum, but this certainly could change and "Manic Mission" could lead the way in this respect... 🙂

@jetsetdanny Absolutely, feel free to record/post, I'd love to see how it's played by others!

About the forward jump/somersault, it only happens: on elevator shaft corridors, in a room when the above platforms are those Impossible Mission blocks (including lifts) and they're at a height of 4 characters up Willy's ground, instead of banging his head and falling down (as on regular MM walls) he does that jump à la impossible mission, sort of.

About the Monty saga, there is one room "Bordeaux - France" which is a tribute to "Auf Wiedersehen Monty" 😉 (same name and room layout).

I'm sure the Manic Miner half of the game will be easy for you experts... but since to finish the game -once you've gathered all puzzle pieces- you have to solve the final puzzle it would be convenient to try the "Puzzle Trainer" option in the main game screen (you immediately have all pieces to solve it, for training purposes) unless you're already familiar with the Impossible Mission puzzle of course.

Thank you for trying it!

ySCxaHPCdUkAAAAASUVORK5CYII.png

Edited by Heracleum
Puzzle trainer info + screen

Thanks for the info and for your permission to record a walkthrough of your game, Heracleum! Also thanks for the tip about the Puzzle Trainer, I'll use it before trying to complete the game.

"Somersault", that's the right word for Willy's forward jump! 👍

As mentioned before, I'll do my best to have a proper go at the game within the next few weeks, all circumstances permitting. It will not be immediate, but I am already looking forward to it and I will surely report back - watch this space! 😎

• 4 months later...
On 4/20/2022 at 11:18 PM, jetsetdanny said:

As mentioned before, I'll do my best to have a proper go at the game within the next few weeks, all circumstances permitting. It will not be immediate, but I am already looking forward to it and I will surely report back - watch this space! 😎

It's taken me more than a few weeks (a few months really), but I am now almost ready to have a proper go at the game and will do it soon (I'm looking forward to it, too 🙂).

I will report back with my feedback. For the time being, I just want to mention, Heracleum, that McAfee's NetGuard still  considers your website unsafe and blocks access to it. So if you got in touch with them asking them to change it, it hasn't produced any results as far as I can tell.

I have also just figured out a way to make an exception in my NetGuard to allow access to the site, so it shouldn't be a problem for me any more. However, it could be a problem for other people who happen to use McAfee, visit your site for the first time and see it blocked, without realising the reason for it (which is what happened to me originally).

2 hours ago, jetsetdanny said:

All right, my first (minimal) feedback:

I seem stuck in "The Cauldron", unable to either get back up or go anywhere else, as can be seen in this picture:

CauldronProblem.jpg

I'm not sure if it's an intentional trap or a bug 😲.

Can't you get out using the lift 🤔 ? If I remember correclty, you should be able to go up with the striped platform on the left.

I couldn't get out of this particular spot. I tried jumping onto the platform on the left and the platform on the right, but couldn't get onto either of them - they seemed to be too high. 

I cannot try it again right now since I didn't save the game (you can't save the game, can you?), but I will keep it in mind and try it again when I play another time.