Jet Set Willy & Manic Miner Community

Manic Mission - Manic Miner / Impossible Mission mashup game

Heracleum

The only association I have with what you said is "Eugene - Lord of the Bathroom", the MM game by Vidar Eriksen (Erix1). So I would translate it that you're asking if the guy pointing at the screen is Vidar Eriksen.

If this is the question, I would say, No, I would be very surprised if it was.

Was that the question? 🥺

It seems no one is guessing anymore, so I can reveal the logic behind my convoluted question:

Eugene - Lord of the Bathroom is based on Eugene's Lair. Eugene's Lair is based on Eugene Evans. So my question was: is that guy Eugene Evans? I think he is but I'm not sure.

Maybe using spoiler tags would have been better than asking in such a convoluted way.

Spoiler

Left to right:-  Ian Weatherburn - Mike Glover - John Gibson - Eugene Evans.

The image was instantly recognisable, I even thought it was Imagine. The problem was, I only did a quick search for Imagine and not Imagine software. The result of the original quick search was negative. So I assumed it was not Imagine, and stopped looking.

Edited by Norman Sword
Corrocting naMe spelking.

Great job everyone! Excellent teamwork 😄👍

@Norman Sword If the tables were turned and I was asked the same puzzle in all honestly I would have reacted the same way you did: "I recognised it as one iconic old picture", I would have the photo very clear in my visual memory (remembering they were looking at a computer monitor) but could not come up with a direct reference to the magazine advertisement page. Even if I mainly bought local 8bit magazines here in Italy I luckily had the chance to have several UK magazines as well and that's probably where I memorised the photo and their faces.

@jetsetdannyfor reaching the main objective 🏆 and find the actual photo

@JianYang big kudos to you for finding the most relevant link to miner Willy! Eugene (Evans on the right)

Here's a very interesting article about the actual story (and also how it inspired Netflix Black Mirror episode) and especially how the Bandersnatch game idea somehow survived the failures (years later I have seen pics of Brataccas for Atari ST in mags but could never imagine it was somehow related to that hype)

• 3 weeks later...