Jet Set Willy & Manic Miner Community

Jet Set Willy 3

Pixel Stonk

I'd appreciate a downloadable verision, too. I understand you may not want to do this, but it guarantees that your game will live on even if it's taken down. Throw in an ad for your commercial game or link to steam page - boom, everyone's happy.

I will check your other game out soon!

EDIT: Oh, and seeing both conveyors in The Butler's Pantry animate properly in opposite directions makes my inner nerd so happy! On the C64 version, both are animated, but it's a two-frame animation shared by both conveyors. A cop-out : )

I guess I just really like looking at conveyors lol

Edited by Sendy The Endless
Confessions of a conveyor belt nerd

Thank you for the link and for making the game, Pixel Stonk! I've had a brief walk around the game. I didn't experience any lag problems. The game has a nice feel to it and it's great to see new rooms. It could probably even be ported to a Spectrum version one day. How many rooms does it have altogether?

The room "Silver Screen" reminds me of my room "The Cinema" from "Willy's New Mansion", best experienced in the Special Edition of the game, where the Patch Vector makes the screen, Willy and the guardians flicker. It can been seen here starting at 26:19.

Great game Pixel Stonk! I'm still exploring at the moment, but so far so good! I didn't notice any lag problems either, but a downloadable version would be nice to have. Looking forward to exploring more.

From a technical standpoint, what creator/engine/language did you write this in?

BTW - Excellent work!! Will keep you posted of any issues I come across.

I have tried in Firefox and Edge. Firefox is on a 12 year old (but powerful) computer. Edge on a 3 year old laptop. For me the lag gets so bad that both of my computers lock up and I have to wait like a minute to get the task manager up. Can't stress this enough though, brilliant game, and I love the way you can gain lives by collecting items!

Wow, thanks everyone for such a positive response so far!

Sorry to hear that lag is apparently such an issue on this version. I have uploaded an executable of the game for PC now, which should run much more smoothly and remove any weird glitches that have been cropping up. I was averse to doing this as I thought some people may be dubious about running a .exe, but I can assure everyone it is completely safe. However, one downside of running this is that any progress made on the browser-based version won't carry over to the .exe one (yes, progress is tracked and rewarded in this game...)

To answer a few questions:

@jetsetdannyThe main game has nearly 400 rooms, plus there's an unlockable side area with another 100. I've just had a look at the video of Willy's New Mansion and the cinema does look quite similar actually! That's quite amusing as I'd never seen that before. 

@SymbolShiftThe game was created using a development tool called Stencyl. It's ideal for creating simple 2D games.

Thanks again all. I hope you continue to enjoy it. 😄

This file has been removed and a later version attached to a more recent post

Edited by Pixel Stonk
Attached new version of file

That's great! In 2016, I wrote an unreleased game called "Basteroids" in Stencyl. I found it pretty intuitive and powerful. I attempted a JSW clone at the time in Stencyl, but never got very far with it. You must have jumped through quite a few "technical hoops" to mimic the original game play. Well done for getting that achieved!