Jet Set Willy & Manic Miner Community

Jet Set Willy 3

Pixel Stonk

I have just played the the online version a few times, it locked up under the latest Firefox on MacOS Ventura latest version the first time, but has seemed stable after that. It looks and sounds and plays superbly! Absolutely Bravo for this PS, it is superb work!

I have downloaded the Windows version, I will give it a go on my pc next time it is on. I would happily pay for this game or make a contribution/donation if you have the facility, or a link to a charity you want supporting etc. if that helps.

If you could port it to MacOS too then that would be even better 😉

I can see that the online version saves certain info, if there was an actual save game facility say if you needed to go to sleep! that would be really good too, it is so vast, you will need several sittings to play it all, and map it. But again what a tremendous achievement, thank you for bringing it to fruition! This and Sendy's recent RR have been superb, incredible contributions to the JSW & MM world.

Not had too much time recently to pursue my exploration. One quibble I did have (which may not be fixable), was that I would love to have the desktop version minimized, so i can keep it open and explore at my leisure. I can press Alt-Enter, which reduces from fullscreen to windowed mode, and then minimize it. However, once minimized (for some weird reason), it disables my screensaver and monitor standby functions, and my monitor stays on forever with JSW3 open.

Not sure if Stencyl has any control over this behaviour? Also, the windowed mode is a little small, if there was an option to double that size, that would be fantastic.

Whining aside, it's a great game!! 😁

Edited by SymbolShift

I really like the meta to this game. The Perk Points system really opens things up and lets you make progress in a way that seems impossible when you start playing. I have explored 255 rooms now and have 320/??? items collected.

I'm playing on the easiest difficulty but might upload my next playthrough on a harder difficulty to youtube. More people need to see this game!

Edited by Sendy The Endless

@Sendy The Endless Thanks for letting me know about the bug with The Tower. I'm not sure why that's happening as I've only recently tried that myself. I'll try to get that fixed this week.

Also happy to hear you are still enjoying the game and have made so much progress in it! The game changes significantly now you have reached that important milestone!

@SymbolShift Thanks a lot for your suggestion of allowing the game to be played in a window. I'll try to implement that option this week as well.

Once I have made these changes I will upload the new version.

Ok, I got the normal ending on the easiest mode! Still one teleport area I haven't unlocked. I have a clear map in the Cartography Room, with no red blocks on it, and it feels like I've been everywhere : )

Here are my post-game stats. Minor spoilers for number of rooms and items in the game!

Spoiler

Rooms Explored: 369/384

Items Collected: 556/600

Switches: 24/24

TP Pads: 19/24

False Walls: 17/24

Completion 45%/100%

Locations visited: House, Starship, Alien Planet, Rear Garden, Front Garden, Sewers, Basement, Mines, Beanstalk, Sea, Town

Total play time: 20:44:42

I have attached a zip of the latest version of Jet Set Willy 3.

This has the bug fix for The Tower. It also replaces the Sound menu option with Options, to which has been added the option to change the game size (full screen or various window sizes).

Replacing the old version of JSW3 will not remove any existing save data, so feel free to start using this without worrying about losing progress.

Jet Set Willy 3.zip